|Location||Gamma Technologies Worldwide Headquarters
601 Oakmont Lane, Suite 220
Telephone: (630) 325-5848
|Register By||January 30, 2019 - 12:00 AM CDT|
|The registration deadline has passed.
Contact Pete Nguyen with any questions.
This class is intended for users with previous experience or users who participate in this free-of-charge Introduction Training.
This course is designed for new users of GT-SUITE Valvetrain Application. It will focus on the simulation of engine valvetrains through the use of VTDesign and GT-SUITE. The following topics will be covered:
Introductory Concepts of GT-SUITE :
- 2-D Mechanical Simulation and Visualization
- Subassemblies and User Compounds
Cam Design (VTDesign)
- Develop a profile design starting from an existing a reference profile
Valvetrain mechanism kinematics, quasi-dynamic analysis (VTDesign)
- Generate valve lift from cam shape or vice-versa
- Calculate idealized separation speed (or Spring Margin)
Cam Design iteration with interactive feedback on critical design constraints (VTDesign)
- Run VTDesign in interactive mode to dynamically generate critical kinematic and QDA calculated design constraints (e.g. min. negative radius of curvature, max. hertz stress, min. oil film thickness, min. separation speed) while modifying the cam design.
Spring Layout (VTDesign)
Dynamic modeling of valvetrains
- Modeling Contacts for Hertz Pressure and Oil Film Calculations
- Multi-mass Spring Modeling
- Adding Compliance to Valvetrain Components
Multi-body and torsional vibration modeling of camshafts and valvetrain systems
- Adding Valvetrain Branches and Timing
- Adding Bearings or supports for bending
If time permits, more specialized topics may be covered as requested by participants. Some possible topics are: Hydraulic lash adjusters, Cam Phasers, Variable Valve actuation, Transient simulations, CamDesign Optimization or user-supplied suggestions.