|Event Date(s)||March 8 - 9, 2023|
|Start - Stop Time||11:00 AM - 4:00 PM CST|
|Register By||March 3, 2023 - 11:00 PM CST|
|The registration deadline has passed.
Contact Rodrigo Aihara with any questions.
If you are interested in this training please contact Rodrigo Aihara (email@example.com)
This class is intended for users with previous experience or users who participate in this free-of-charge Introduction Training.
This course will be conducted online via web meeting.
To reserve your spot, you must have access to the following:
- Computer with GT-SUITE v2022 (the training will be conducted with v2022, but if you only have v2021 that is acceptable)
- Access to an active license
- Good internet connection
- Ideally two monitors/devices (although not required)
- one to follow the instructor on the web meeting (web browser only)
- one to use GT-SUITE for interactive model building
This 2-day class is intended to show engineers how to model a lubrication circuit in GT-SUITE.
This includes but is not limited to:
- How to Build a Model from a CAD File: The participant will learn how to transform a CAD File into a 1D lubrication model in GT-SUITE using GT-Spaceclaim and GEM3D.
- How to Model Oil Circuit Components in GT-SUITE: The participant will learn how to construct a lubrication model from scratch, including oil passages, filters, bearings, relief valve and pump.
- Analyze Results in GT-POST: The participant will learn how to analyze results of a lubrication model, including a breakdown of the oil flow distribution to various consumers, as well as performing an engine speed and temperature sweep to see how these variables affect results.
- How to Model Important Oil Circuit Behavior: The instructor will show that the following types of oil circuit analysis can be performed in GT-SUITE:
- Steady state
- Transient thermal oil response (both temperature and engine speed changing)
- Pump power/energy consumption over driving cycle
- Detailed pump analysis
- Introductory GT-SUITE Concepts: In addition to lubrication specific modeling, this class will also focus on the basics of using GT-SUITE, including:
- 1-D Flow Simulation
- Discretization of 1-D Models
- Fluid Properties for modeling lubrication circuit
- Optimization and component calibration
Due to the limited room capacity, seats will be allocated preferentially to commercial customers.