New Horizons - Livonia
Telephone: (734) 525-1501
Office Hours: 8:00 to 6:00
14115 Farmington Rd.
|Register By||November 10, 2016 - 12:00 AM CST|
|The registration deadline has passed.
Contact Ryan Dudgeon with any questions.
Register for this event and the associated North American GT Conference at Conference page.
Since this is a free training class seats will be preferentially allocated to OEMs, suppliers, and consultants. There will be a limit of 5 academic/student registrations, and academic/student registrations beyond the limit of 5 will be placed in the waiting list and notified if a seat becomes available. This class is intended for GT-POWER users interested in learning how to model exhaust aftertreatment systems. The class will include discussion of exhaust aftertreatment modeling theory, and construction of exhaust aftertreatment system models using GT-POWER. The following topics will be discussed in detail:
- GT-SUITE flow and thermal solution methodology
- How to build catalyst and DPF models to study pressure drop and thermal warm-up
- Using GT-POST to globally view pressure and temperature in the entire aftertreatment system
- TWC, DPF, SCR, and other exhaust aftertreatment devices
- Chemical kinetics
- Techniques for calibrating reaction mechanisms
- Soot filtration and regeneration models for DPFs
- Techniques for calibrating DPF pressure drop and soot regeneration
- Using GT-POST to view chemistry results and make design choices
- Discussion of in-cylinder emissions models and maps
- Compounds and subassemblies for encryption of sensitive reaction information (making black box models to share between OEM’s and suppliers)
- Special topics (time permitting)-2D/3D aftertreatment modeling with GT-POWER, integrated engine+aftertreatment modeling, real time modeling of integrated systems
Time permitting, at the end of the first day there will be a short workshop session where students will select the application(s) (TWC, DOC, SCR, or LNT) that they are interested in modeling and work individually or in teams to build a model of the application with the guidance of the instructor. The goal of the training is for the user to become comfortable with using the software for exhaust aftertreatment modeling projects in their day-to-day job activities.
-Computers will be available to use during the training. Attendees are encouraged to bring a USB flash drive to save training material.
– Due to the limited room capacity, seats will be allocated preferentially to OEMs and suppliers.