Engine Modeling (GT-POWER)
|Contact name||Mr. Tom Wanat|
|Typical duration||3 days|
|Email for more firstname.lastname@example.org|
To see if this course is being offered at a nearby training facility, please check the list of upcoming classes.
This course is designed for newer users that are interested in modeling internal combustion engines. This course will focus on engine simulation through the use of GT-POWER. The course will include the construction of models and use of the software, which will enable the participants to use the software immediately. It will cover the following topics:
Introductory Concepts of GT-SUITE :
- 1-D Flow Simulation
- Discretization of 1-D Models
- Model Setup- initialization, parameters sweeps, convergence
- Optimization/Design of Experiments
- Post-processing (GT-POST)
- Subassemblies: internal, external, encryption of subassemblies
The following engine modeling topics will be included:
- Modeling of: manifolds, valves, combustion, heat transfer and fuel Non-Predictive Combustion for Gasoline/Ethanol/ Diesel Engines
- Cylinder Pressure Analysis
- Controls Library
- Transient Simulation
- Predictive Combustion Modeling
If time permits at the end of the class, additional topics can be covered including introductions to: Acoustics, Coupling with Simulink, CFD Coupling, and Exhaust Aftertreatment.
Note: This course may be offered as a future open registration event OR requested as a custom training at a GTI office location or your location.