|Event Date(s)||Wednesday, August 5, 2020|
|Start - Stop Time||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CST|
|Location||Gamma Technologies Worldwide Headquarters
601 Oakmont Lane, Suite 220
Telephone: (630) 325-5848
|Register By||July 29, 2020 - 12:00 AM CST|
|Open Seats||12 remaining seat(s)|
|Pay Online Via Credit Card Discount||Save $100|
This class is intended for users with previous experience or users who participate in this free-of-charge Introduction Training.
This 1 day class will introduce the use of GT-SUITE software for modeling of Rankine cycle based waste heat recovery systems. The course is targeted towards engineers with responsibility for design and analysis of WHR systems, or for those who are responsible for overall vehicle energy management including a WHR system.
The class will consist primarily of interactive model building exercises. The following are the primary topics to be covered:
- Modeling a “theoretical” system: Building a reasonable WHR system in early stages when no component data is yet available, for purposes of studying the potential fuel economy benefits of a WHR system (“what if” studies).
- Modeling the working fluid flow network: Basic flow system modeling and discretization concepts, usage of GEM3D for flow systems modeling.
- Modeling WHR system components: Building and calibration of the basic components of WHR systems, such as pump, boiler, expander, condenser, recuperator. Usage of COOL3D for more detailed heat exchanger modeling.
- Assembling the complete WHR system model for steady state calculation: Assembling the working fluid flow network and WHR components into a complete model of the WHR system. Steady state and transient system analysis. GT-POST post-processing tool for analysis of results.
- Integration with Cooling/Engine/Vehicle models: Introduction of integrating the WHR system models into larger vehicle system level simulations including cooling, engine, and driveline systems, transient drive cycle analysis for fuel economy/energy management.
Due to the limited room capacity, seats will be allocated preferentially to commercial customers.
LOG IN TO REGISTER