New Horizons - Livonia
Telephone: (734) 525-1501
Office Hours: 8:00 to 6:00
14115 Farmington Rd.
|Register By||November 10, 2016 - 12:00 AM CST|
|The registration deadline has passed.
Contact TBD with any questions.
Register for this event and the associated North American GT Conference at Conference page.
This two day class will focus on modeling lubrication systems in GT-SUITE and is intended for both existing users and engineers that are new to GT-SUITE who are interested in understanding detailed advantages and advanced concepts for oil circuit modeling in GT-SUITE. The first half of the class will cover core concepts in lubrication modeling, while the second half will be dedicated to advanced concepts and audience chosen topics. The specific items covered in the class include the following:
1. How to Build a Model from a CAD File: The participant will learn how to transform a CAD File into a 1D lubrication model in GT-SUITE using the GEM3D and GT-SpaceClaim pre-processors.
2. How to Model Oil Circuit Components in GT-SUITE: The participant will learn how to construct a lubrication model from scratch, including oil passages, bearings, relief valve, and pump.
3. Analyze Results in GT-POST: The participant will learn how to analyze results of a lubrication model, including a breakdown of the oil flow distribution to various consumers, as well as performing an engine speed and temperature sweep to see how these variables affect results.
4. Modeling Important Oil Circuit Behavior: The instructor will demonstrate the following types of analysis in GT-SUITE. Depending on the response of the audience, some topics will be covered in more detail than others.
– Steady state
– Priming / filling
– Transient thermal oil response (both temperature and engine speed changing)
– Pump power / energy consumption over driving cycle
– Detailed pump analysis
– Cam phaser response
– Hydraulic engine brake
– Predicting engine friction
5. Introductory GT-SUITE Concepts: In addition to lubrication specific modeling, this course will also focus on the basics of using GT-SUITE, including:
• 1-D Flow Simulation
• Discretization of 1-D Models
• Model Setup- initialization, parameters sweeps, convergence
• Post-processing (GT-POST)
• Modeling of pipes & fluid components
• Fluid Properties
Please contact Jon Harrison (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information