|Event Date(s)||Thursday, September 12, 2019|
|Start - Stop Time||9:00 AM - 12:00 PM CDT|
|Location||Gamma Technologies Worldwide Headquarters
601 Oakmont Lane, Suite 220
Telephone: (630) 325-5848
|Register By||September 5, 2019 - 12:00 AM CDT|
|Open Seats||12 remaining seat(s)|
|Pay Online Via Credit Card Discount||Save $100|
This ½ day class will introduce the use of GT-SUITE software for modeling of air conditioning or heat pump systems, including the refrigerant circuit, HVAC ducting, and cabin.
The agenda and pace of this class assume the attendee already has experience with modeling cooling systems with GT-SUITE or has attended the Cooling Systems and Components class available on the prior day.
The course is targeted towards engineers with responsibility for design and analysis of A/C systems, or for those who are responsible for overall vehicle energy management including an A/C system.
The class will consist primarily of interactive model building exercises. The following are the primary topics to be covered:
- Modeling the refrigerant flow network: Basic flow system modeling and discretization concepts, introduce 2-phase refrigerant modeling
- Modeling A/C system components: Building and calibration of the basic components of A/C systems, such as compressor, receiver/dryer, thermal expansion valve, and heat exchangers.
- Assembling the complete A/C system model for system level calculations: Assembling the refrigerant flow network and A/C components into a complete model of the A/C system. Steady state and transient system analysis. GT-POST post-processing tool for analysis of results.
- Modeling air circuits: Modeling of the HVAC ducting and the blower.
- Modeling the vehicle cabin: Create and calibrate a simple 1D cabin for use in HVAC system and discuss the different levels of detail for modeling the cabin.
- Integration with Cooling/Engine/Vehicle models: Introduction of integrating the A/C system models into vehicle system level simulations including cooling, engine, and driveline systems.