|Event Date(s)||June 22 - 25, 2020|
|Start - Stop Time||1:30 PM - 5:45 PM CEST|
WebEx (Online - Europe)
|Register By||June 18, 2020 - 11:00 PM CEST|
|The registration deadline has passed.
Contact Paramjot Singh with any questions.
This course is designed for new users of GT-POWER and GT-SUITE that are interested in modeling internal combustion engines. This course will focus on engine simulation using GT-POWER.
This course will be conducted online via web meeting.
To reserve your spot, you must have access to the following:
- Computer with GT-SUITE v2020 (the training will be conducted with v2020, but if you only have v2019 that is acceptable)
- Access to an active license
- Good Internet connection
- Ideally two monitors/devices (although not required)
- one to follow the instructor on the web meeting (web browser only)
- one to use GT-SUITE for interactive model building
The course will include the construction of models and use of the software, which will enable the participants to use the software immediately. It will cover the following topics:
Introductory Concepts of GT-SUITE
- 1-D Flow Simulation
- Discretization of 1-D Models
- Model Setup- initialization, parameters sweeps, convergence Optimization/Design of Experiments
- Post-processing (GT-POST)
The following engine modeling topics will be included:
- Modeling of: manifolds, valves, combustion, heat transfer and fuel injection
- Non-Predictive Combustion for Gasoline and Diesel Engines
- Controls Library
If time permits at the end of the class, additional topics can be covered including introductions to: Coupling with Simulink, CFD Coupling, and Exhaust Aftertreatment.
Due to the limited room capacity, seats will be allocated preferentially to commercial customers.