With the increasing demand on energy consumption reduction of the HVAC systems, for example with modern electric vehicle design, the need for cabin simulation becomes even greater. Gamma Technologies offers many solutions for simulation engineers to model and optimize cabins to satisfy comfort requirements and operational temperature constraints while also minimizing the power consumption of air conditioning and heating systems.
Cabin Simulation with GT-SUITE
GT-SUITE offers a comprehensive, easy-to-use solution for cabin modeling and simulation. Models built in GT-SUITE enable rapid definition and calibration of cabins, allowing various design studies, such as component layout choices in the A/C loop, or assessing the effect of different window glazings on the overall HVAC system performance. These cabin models can be used to provide boundary conditions to air conditioning loops with varying levels of zonal resolution.
Co-Simulation with GT-TAITherm and TAITherm
GT-SUITE offers the ability to create cutting-edge models by cosimulating with ThermoAnalytics’ TAITherm and GT-TAITherm, a special version of TAITherm packaged directly inside GT-SUITE. With these cosimulations, real-time capable 3D cabin comfort models can be created which are used standalone or directly implemented into a full GT-SUITE integrated thermal model.
- Easy to use cabin models of varying resolutions depending on goals
- Pre-defined geometries for most common vehicle classes
- Real-time capable, 3D high resolution (up to 100,000 volumes) cabin models
- Seamlessly connect cabins into other subsystems (i.e. A/C, Vehicle Cooling) modeled in GT-SUITE for feedback
- Integration with ThermoAnalytics’ TAITherm tool for improved thermal accuracy
- Integration with most common 3D CFD Tools (Fluent, STAR, OpenFoam, …)
- Design vehicle, aircraft, and other types of cabins
- Easily integrate into other GT-SUITE models (i.e. A/C evaporator air circuit)
- Run drive cycles (i.e. NEDC) at real-time speeds
- Optimize compressor control strategies based on zonal temperatures
- When cosimulating with TAITherm, import available CFD flow fields and replace GT-SUITE’s flow solution
- Utilize TAITherm’s built-in thermal manikin model to predict comfort of the occupants