Battery Modeling and Simulation
GT-SUITE offers a complete and flexible solution for modeling battery systems throughout all stages of the battery or electrified vehicle design process. In GT-SUITE, electrical-equivalent or electrochemical battery models can be discretized to calculate variations in current, temperature, and state of charge (SOC) at a module-to-module, cell-to-cell, or intracellular level.
We also offer GT-AutoLion, the industry-leading Lithium-ion battery simulation software. GT-AutoLion predictively models the electrochemical processes within Lithium-ion batteries. Included with every installation of GT-AutoLion is a comprehensive electrochemical materials database, reducing the burden for laboratory testing of electrochemical properties. GT-AutoLion empowers engineers to predictively model battery aging phenomenon as part of an integrated simulation.
Component-level studies, including battery temperature distribution and Battery Management Systems verification, are also performed using GT-SUITE.
- Predict electric vehicle range and performance using simplified lumped electrical-equivalent battery models
- Verify thermal management techniques, battery design, and cell design using a battery model that captures module-to-module, cell-to-cell, or intracellular variations in current, temperature, and SOC
- Model electrochemical processes within Lithium-ion cells using GT-AutoLion
- Integrate electrical-equivalent or electrochemical battery models with thermal and fluid flow models to predict battery temperature distribution
- Comprehensive electrochemical materials database with GT-AutoLion
- Predict battery degradation with GT-AutoLion
- Lithium-Ion battery model with calibration data available
- Characterization of battery models using test data (i.e discharge curves or HPPC test data)
- Integrate cell balancing circuits with electrical-equivalent or electrochemical battery models to study cell balancing techniques and Battery Management Systems
- Hybrid and Electric vehicles
- Thermal Management systems
- Power electronics and motors
- Battery Management Systems (BMS) control logic