Thermal Fluids Application Engineer
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a Thermal Fluids Application Engineer who is passionate about learning and improving products, is deeply curious, and desires to build a long-term career with us.
Would you like to work closely with advanced engineers from many of the leading companies in automotive and other industries, who use our software to accelerate their product development and reduce their environmental impact? We are looking for a creative, talented and self-starting application engineer to join our Application Engineering team to help our customers get the most out of our software and leverage the knowledge learned from these interactions to continuously improve our software.
Specifically, we are looking to add someone to our thermal fluids application engineering team. This team supports customers and designs software with applications in thermal and fluid systems, including thermal management, hydraulics, lubrication, and many others. More information can be found by viewing the links in the Thermal Management and Fluid Systems section of this page: GT SUITE Applications.
- Assist customers that use our software to design and analyze their systems, including many leading electric vehicle companies.
- Carry out proof-of-concept projects to demonstrate cutting edge software solutions to prospective customers.
- Use customer feedback and interaction to design and test new product features.
- Interact with established and emerging companies through training classes, conferences, and marketing events.
- Help evangelize the critical role GT plays in helping automotive companies on the Road to Net Zero Emissions.
- Opportunity for minimal travel to customer sites throughout the US, if desired.
Education, Experience and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- MS or Ph.D. degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering (or similar)
- New college graduates or experienced engineers are welcome
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Additional Qualifications Desired:
- 2+ years of 3D CFD experience
- Experience with 1-D simulation software such as GT-SUITE, Amesim, Dymola, Simscape, or other CAE/simulation tools
- Experience with automotive applications, including design, measurement and instrumentation, controls, and/or SAE projects
Salary and Benefits
- GT offers competitive pay, vacation, sick and personal days, and a work environment that allows you to grow and prosper.
- We offer best in class health benefits for you and your dependents.
- We offer a 401k and Roth 401k retirement plans.
- We provide an onsite fitness center.
- The primary work location will be our Westmont, IL office. We’ve adopted a hybrid work policy asking employees to report to the office 2-3 days per work week.
- As an organization, we value collaborating and learning from our peers in person, while providing the necessary flexibility for our employees to have a meaningful work-life balance.
Other Requirements and Notes:
- All U.S. based GT employees are required to be fully vaccinated, subject to legally required
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer; no third parties please.
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.This job listing is no longer active. To see the current list of available positions, please visit our Careers page.