Technical Business Analyst
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a Technical Business Analyst with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us.
As an engineer in the Engineering Operations team, your role is to make sure that GT can develop our software efficiently by ensuring the right software solutions are in place internally. Specifically, you will assess the needs of our product-facing teams (e.g. R&D and Applications Engineering), solicit and evaluate software solutions, and implement & support the internal use of software applications. Additionally, you will design processes surrounding the use of these software applications, ensure internal standards are met & onboard new employees.
Examples of potential software focus areas: issue/project management, revision control, development environments & various in-house developed tools used during product development.
An additional area of responsibility will be to define best practices directly related to GT-SUITE product development, including feature design, development, and testing.
- Identify commercial software solutions that can improve product development productivity
- Manage evaluation, implementation, rollout, support & maintenance of software for internal use, coordinating with user-base & management as needed to understand requirements
- Develop and report KPIs related to internal efficiency improvement from software use & process compliance
- Participate in software integration & on-boarding of acquisitions
- In addition to a focus on commercial software solutions, own and propose improvements to software developed internally that aids our development process
- Develop, document & maintain processes for GT-SUITE software design, development, and testing
Education, Experience, and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- BS or BA in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or other similar technical degrees
- Prior experience working as a product manager for software development (internally and/or commercial solutions) is preferred
Addition Qualifications Desired:
- Experience with administration of task/project management systems such as JIRA, Monday.com, ClickUp, Wrike, etc.
- Experience with administration of revision control systems
- Experience with CAE products such as GT-SUITE
Salary and Benefits
- GT offers competitive pay, vacation, sick and personal days, and a work environment that allows you to grow and prosper.
- We offer best-in-class health benefits for you and your dependents.
- We offer a 401k and Roth 401k retirement plans.
- We provide an onsite fitness center.
- The primary work location will be our Westmont, IL office. We’ve adopted a hybrid work policy asking employees to report to the office 3 days per work week.
- As an organization, we value collaborating and learning from our peers in person, while providing the necessary flexibility for our employees to have a meaningful work-life balance.
Other Requirements and Notes:
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry-level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.This job listing is no longer active. To see the current list of available positions, please visit our Careers page.