Sr. Application Engineer: Drive Train and Vehicle Mechanics
For our office in Prague, Czech Republic, Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is seeking a Senior Application Engineer: Drive Train & Vehicle Mechanics with a strong work ethic, sound judgment, and a willingness to develop a long-term career with us.
Engineering simulation software called GT-SUITE is created, marketed, and sold by Gamma Technologies. All major automakers successfully use GT software for many years, and most cars/vehicles around us include parts designed by GT. Our products support the development of environmentally friendly, cost-effective products by our clients in the automotive, aerospace, and marine sectors.
To assist our clients, get the most out of our software, and use the knowledge gained from these interactions to continuously enhance our software, we are searching for an experienced, imaginative, and bright application engineer to join our Mechanical Application Engineering Group.
We are particularly aiming to expand our Mechanical Application Engineering team. This team assists our clients in using our GT-SUITE software platform to simulate the operation of electric motors, pumps, and compressors as well as whole 3-D vehicle systems and vehicle powertrains.
We’re seeking an engaged, motivated, and autonomous person to assist our worldwide operations and our European Team in Prague, which works closely with offices across the world.
- Evaluate and resolve technical support requests submitted via email, phone, or other channels.
- Be the first line of defense in solving customer support requests and coordinating and prioritizing timely resolution independently and with the engagement of DevOps teams.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives to appropriately map features and associated business benefits to address their needs.
- Serve as a customer advocate in shaping and driving the Drive Train &Vehicle Mechanics product roadmap, enhancements, and improvements; Conduct independent research aimed at designing and defining new software features and functionality.
- Facilitate customer trainings to ensure customer satisfaction and retention as well as maximum usage of our product.
- Identify trends and inefficiencies to enhance support processes and improve the user experience.
- Mentor, coach, and train new team members.
- Support of evaluation projects for potential new customers.
- Support of internal software development and validation of new models and features.
- Develop customer-tailored simulation workflows and methodologies using GT-SUITE.
- Participation in specialist conferences and working groups.
Education, Experience, and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- University degree (automotive, mechanical, process, aerospace engineering, etc.)
- Ideally, 3 years of work experience designing powertrains and/or engines, including measurement and instrumentation, and controls.
- Previous participation in SAE student competitions (g. Formula SAE, Formula Hybrid) or activities in similar societies or consortiums is also a benefit.
- Technical expertise in the following, used to support current and prospective customers:
- Gear Design
- Electrified Powertrains
- Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH)
- Experience with the following:
- Transmission and geartrain applications, research, and/or commercial software tools (e.g., SABR, Romax, Masta, KISSsoft)
- Flexible Bodies and Finite Element methods and tools (e.g., Abaqus, Altair, Ansys, Nastran, FEARCE)
- 3-D MBD software (e.g., MSC Adams, Simpack) skills are an advantage
- Programming skills are an advantage (Matlab, Python, etc.)
- A dynamic and highly talented team of experts
- The opportunity to bring in your own ideas, implement them and make them accessible to a large customer base
- The opportunity to build a professional network in various branches of the industry
- An attractive salary and additional company benefits
Other Requirements and Notes:
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels of the company, from entry-level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.