Solver Development –Power Electronics
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for an Solver Development –Power Electronics with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us.
We are looking for a creative, talented, and highly motivated software developer to join our electrical solver development team. The applicant will be involved in the development of GT-SUITE, an industry-leading software package for simulating various engineering multi-physics systems found in the automotive, aerospace and many other industries, involving electromagnetics, fluid, thermal, mechanical, acoustics, chemistry, and control domains. In addition, the applicant will also work on the development of GT-PowerForge, a power converter design software designed from the ground up to compare a great number of power converter solutions.
- Research, develop and implement advanced mathematical models and computational algorithms for electrical circuits, with a focus on power electronics
- Work with the development and application teams toward general improvement of the software
- Maintain existing solver, which includes bug fix and code refactoring
- Write and maintain internal technical documents
- M.S. or PhD in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- GPA 3.6/4.0
- 2+ years of professional and/or graduate-level experience with power electronics systems.
- Professional and/or graduate-level experience with electrical circuit simulator and/or power electronics solution (PSIM, PLECS, SPICE, Simscape, Matlab/Simulink, SABER etc.)
- Understanding of signal processing fundamentals (filtering, FFT etc.)
- Professional and/or graduate-level programming experience with a focus on scientific computing (Fortran/C/C++/Python)
- Experience in developing electronic circuit simulation tools (PSIM, PLECS, SPICE, Simscape, Matlab/Simulink, SABER etc.)
- Numerical methods for solving dynamic systems governed by ODE or DAE
- Software parallelization techniques (OpenMP, Open MPI, GPGPU, etc.)
- Optimization algorithms
- Knowledge of Electromechanical or Electromagnetic systems is a plus
Salary and Benefits
- GT offers competitive pay, vacation, sick and personal days, and a work environment that allows you to grow and prosper.
- We offer best in class health benefits for you and your dependents.
- We offer a 401k and Roth 401k retirement plans.
- We provide an onsite fitness center.
- The primary work location will be our Westmont, IL office. We’ve adopted a hybrid work policy asking employees to report to the office 2-3 days per work week.
- As an organization, we value collaborating and learning from our peers in person, while providing the necessary flexibility for our employees to have a meaningful work-life balance.
Other Requirements and Notes:
- Due to the issuance of Executive Order 14042 which effectively mandates COVID-19 vaccination for all U.S. based employees of federal contractors and subcontractors, all U.S. based GT employees will be required to be fully vaccinated by January 18th, 2022, or by their first date of employment if after that date, subject to legally required accommodations.
- ALL candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer; no third parties please.
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
- GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
- GT’s flagship product, GT-SUITE, an engineering simulation software is used by over 600 companies including all global automotive manufacturing companies GT-SUITE includes a complete library of physics-based modeling templates covering fluid flow, thermal systems, mechanics, electrics, magnetics, chemistry and controls. It supports the entire product development cycle from concept to validation. GT-SUITE applications include a wide variety of engineering systems such as conventional, electrified and fully electric vehicles and their powertrains, engines and catalysts, batteries, motors and power electronics, pumps and compressors, thermal management and HVAC, hydraulics and lubrication, multi-body mechanics and much more.
- GT-SUITE software comes with exciting and easy to learn User Interfaces, ranging from 3D pre-processing to real-time monitoring. The entire software platform uses state-of-the-art backend technologies that leverage the growing popularity of high-performance centers and the cloud.
- At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.