Solver Development – Electric Motors and Drives
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a Solver Development – Electric Motors and Drives with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us. The engineer will work in a development team within an international environment. This position is in Basel, Switzerland.
GT set up a Global Center of Excellence for electric machines in Basel as an innovation hub for the research, development, and deployment of Multiphysics simulation technologies for the next generation of high-efficiency electric machine applications.
We are looking for a creative, talented, and highly motivated software developer to join our electrical solver development team. The applicant will be involved in the development of GT-SUITE, an industry-leading software package for simulating various engineering multi-physics systems found in the automotive, aerospace, and many other industries, involving electromagnetics, fluid, thermal, mechanical, acoustics, chemistry, and control domains.
- Research, develop, and implement advanced mathematical models and computational algorithms for electric motors, drives, and their control systems.
- Work with the development and application teams towards general improvement of the software.
- Perform quality and performance analysis.
- Maintain existing solver, which includes bug fixes and code refactoring.
- Write and maintain internal technical documents.
Education, Experience, and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Master or PhD in Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- 2+ years of professional and/or graduate-level expertise with electric motor design and/or control, motor drive design, and/or modeling is required.
- Experience with modeling or analysis tools of electrical motors and drives (i.e., Matlab/Simulink).
- Programming experience with a focus on scientific computing (Fortran, C, C++, Python, or Matlab).
- Knowledge of common motor types, and control techniques.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Experience with tools related to electrical motors and drives, including but not limited to: JMAG, ANSYS Maxwell, PSIM, PLECS, LTSpice, etc.
- Experience in developing tools or models of electrical motors, drives, and motor control systems (commercial or in-house code).
- Experience in motor and drive systems of electric or hybrid electric vehicle (EV or HEV).
- Optimization algorithms.
- Numerical methods for solving dynamic systems governed by ODE or DAE.
- A dynamic and highly talented team of experts.
- The opportunity to bring in your own ideas, implement them, and make them accessible to a large customer base.
- The opportunity to build a professional network in various branches of industry.
- The primary work location will be our Basel, Switzerland office. We’ve adopted a hybrid work policy asking employees to report to the office 3 days per work week.
- An attractive salary and additional company benefits.
Other Requirements and Notes:
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry-level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.