Solver Developer – Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a Solver Developer with a strong work ethic, sound judgment, and a willingness to develop a long-term career with us.
We are looking for a creative, talented, and highly motivated solver developer to join our thermal fluids solver development team. The applicant will be involved in the development and testing of advanced mathematical models and computational schemes for two-phase flow and heat transfer in heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration systems.
- Improve and maintain the existing two-phase numerical solver
- Implement new, and update existing two-phase heat transfer and friction correlations
- Add new refrigerant fluids; and continuously work to improve the speed of refrigerant fluid property evaluations
- Work to implement new, and maintain existing 1D and 0D numerical models for components used in air-conditioning and refrigeration systems (condensers, evaporators, TXV valves, compressors, accumulators, etc.)
- Develop different levels of fidelity to balance speed and accuracy for different applications (e.g. controls vs detailed physics)
- Keep up with industry trends and new technologies by attending suitable conferences, and building a professional network
Education, Experience, and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar) with a focus on numerical modeling of two-phase fluid flow and heat transfer
- Proficiency in at least one of the following three languages: FORTRAN, C, C++
- Experience with either developing from scratch or maintaining a numerical flow solver for two-phase fluid flow with heat transfer
- Strong fundamental understanding of the physics governing two-phase fluid flow (condensation, evaporation, boiling, etc.)
- Proficiency in numerical methods for scientific computing
- Finite volume methods
- SIMPLE algorithm for fluid flow
- Homogeneous model for two-phase flow
- Separated (or two-fluid) model for two-phase flow
- Modeling of Refrigerant plus lubricating oil mixtures
Salary and Benefits
- GT offers competitive pay, vacation, sick and personal days, and a work environment that allows you to grow and prosper.
- We offer best in class health benefits for you and your dependents.
- We offer a 401k and Roth 401k retirement plans.
- We provide an onsite fitness center.
- The primary work location will be our Westmont, IL office. We’ve adopted a hybrid work policy asking employees to report to the office 3 days per work week.
- As an organization, we value collaborating and learning from our peers in person, while providing the necessary flexibility for our employees to have a meaningful work-life balance.
Other Requirements and Notes:
- All U.S. based GT employees are required to be fully vaccinated, subject to legally required accommodations.
- ALL candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer; no third parties please.
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.