Senior Engineer – Mechanics Development
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a Senior Engineer – Mechanics Development with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us.
We are looking for a creative, focused self-starter to work as a software developer in the area of mechanical systems. You would join our mechanics development team and work in a collaborative development environment, on projects to develop and enhance models of motion, vibrations, friction, and durability in automotive applications and beyond. As GT maintains an integrated and multi-physics development approach, you will also collaborate with application engineers on product design, and with developers of other physical domains such as fluid flow, thermal, electrical, and controls on multi-physics solutions.
- Develop, enhance, test, and maintain rigid/flexible multi-body dynamics (MBD), kinematics, contact mechanics, and tribology models applicable to dynamics, durability, noise, vibration, friction, and wear issues in powertrain, vehicle, and general mechanical subsystems as well as the control of these systems
- Work, within a mature platform and mathematical solution architecture, on projects focused on performance, scalability, user-experience, and 3D visualization aspects of MBD models
- Test computational models in the context of integrated simulations of real-life systems aimed at addressing customers’ product design, performance, and durability issues
- Collaborate with other developers and application engineers on functional and I/O requirements and design of models. Adaptation of models to user requirements
- Numerical methods for solving systems governed by ODEs and DAEs
Education, Experience, and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Ph.D. or MS in Mechanical Engineering or Ph.D. candidate who has completed defense of his/her dissertation with a focus on modeling of rigid/flexible MBD systems.
- 2+ years of academic or industry experience (4+ years of industry experience for MS candidates) with computational modeling of mechanical systems, vibration, NVH, multi-physics systems and controls
- Programming experience with a focus on scientific computing (Fortran, C, C++, Python, or Matlab)
- Theory and implementation of the finite element method
- Technologies for enhancement of model performance and scalability, such as model reduction, sparse systems, and parallelization
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Familiarity with commercial/research MBD tools
- Familiarity with powertrain subsystems in conventional and electrified vehicles and/or other industrial machinery
- Data-based modeling (Neural networks, machine learning), meta-models
- Optimization algorithms
Salary and Benefits
- GT offers competitive pay, vacation, sick and personal days, and a work environment that allows you to grow and prosper.
- We offer best-in-class health benefits for you and your dependents.
- We offer a 401k and Roth 401k retirement plans.
- We provide an onsite fitness center.
- The primary work location will be our Westmont, IL office. We’ve adopted a hybrid work policy asking employees to report to the office 3 days per work week.
- As an organization, we value collaborating and learning from our peers in person, while providing the necessary flexibility for our employees to have a meaningful work-life balance.
Other Requirements and Notes:
- All U.S.-based GT employees are required to be fully vaccinated, subject to legally required accommodations. [US ONLY]
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer; no third parties, please. [US ONLY]
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry-level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.This job listing is no longer active. To see the current list of available positions, please visit our Careers page.