Research and Development Engineer – Reactive Systems Modeling
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a Research and Development Engineer – Reactive Systems Modeling with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us.
We are looking for a solver developer to join our Reactive Flow Systems modeling group which actively develops mathematical models and simulation tools for the simulation of reactive systems such as internal combustion engines, gas turbines, heaters, rockets, etc. These models are integrated into GT-SUITE software which is used by hundreds of companies in the automotive and transportation industries.
- Research, develop, and test mathematical models to simulate reactive flow systems (such as engines, gas turbines, and rockets) involving equations governing fluid mechanics, combustion, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and chemical kinetics.
- Develop advanced algorithms for thermo-physical properties calculation of gas-phase reactive systems.
- Develop, enhance, test, and maintain analytical and numerical solution algorithms for solving systems of partial differential algebraic equations (pDAEs).
- Optimize existing code for high execution speed and low memory footprint.
- Stay up to date with the latest literature and contribute to the publication of journal papers.
Education, Experience, and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- A Ph.D. in mechanical, chemical, or aerospace engineering is required with a desired GPA of 3.5/4.0.
- Knowledge or experience with basic numerical methods.
- Experience in a simulation of reactive systems.
- Modeling for control-oriented and real-time vehicle simulations is desired.
- Advanced numerical methods involving ODE and DAE solvers are desired.
- Computer language and scripting proficiency (Fortran, C/C++, Python)
- Computer simulation and modeling experience of physical systems
- Technologies for computer code optimization desired
Salary and Benefits
- GT offers competitive pay, vacation, sick and personal days, and a work environment that allows you to grow and prosper.
- We offer best-in-class health benefits for you and your dependents.
- We offer a 401k and Roth 401k retirement plans.
- We provide an onsite fitness center.
- The primary work location will be our Westmont, IL office. We’ve adopted a hybrid work policy asking employees to report to the office 3 days per work week.
- As an organization, we value collaborating and learning from our peers in person, while providing the necessary flexibility for our employees to have a meaningful work-life balance.
Other Requirements and Notes:
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry-level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.