Quality Assurance Engineer
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us. This position is based out of subsidiary office located in Pune, India.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work with the GT-SUITE development and product teams to deliver top-quality software to our users. Throughout the software development lifecycle, you will create, document, maintain, and perform manual tests to ensure minimal shipped defects and timely fixes due to ongoing development. When appropriate, managing automated tests will also ensure high-quality software, however, manual testing is expected to be the primary responsibility. Functional, integration, and acceptance testing will be a key part of the job. The role will involve both UI/UX aspects and physics (solver) aspects of GT-SUITE.
- Ensure that released software meets desired high-quality standards
- Verify UX features are implemented correctly (e.g. dialogs display correct data, workflows are correct, etc.)
- Verify physics features are implemented correctly (e.g. correct equations, various permutations of inputs, etc.)
- Carry out regular full regression testing of the user-interface
- Maintain user interface software tests to ensure full coverage of the software as features are updated
- Solicit information from the development and product teams to add new tests as required by new developments made to the software
- If issues are found in the software, log the items in Gamma’s development database and follow up with developers to test once fixed
- Help determine when issues were introduced into the software
- Monitor automated tests and take action to resolve issues when they are flagged
Education, Experience, and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a desired GPA of 8.75/10 or higher
- Minimum of 5 years of proficiency with Software Testing / QA methodology, process, and deliverables
- Ability and willingness to work from 3 pm to 11.59 pm IST to allow collaboration with global teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical documentation
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Experience using Linux
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Experience with a scripting language(s)
- Certification in software testing
- Experience with test management systems
- Experience with enterprise-level CAE applications like GT-SUITE
- A dynamic and highly talented team of experts
- The opportunity to bring in your own ideas, implement them and make them accessible to a large customer base
- The opportunity to build a professional network in various branches of the industry
- An attractive salary and additional company benefits
Other Requirements and Notes:
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry-level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.