Director of Strategic Business Development
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a Director of Strategic Business Development with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us.
You will play a key role in directing the expansion and development efforts of a global organization. You will define, lead, and grow strategic technical alliances program, expand addressable markets with inorganic growth opportunities, and drive business growth in selected new markets. You will identify strategic growth initiatives and strengthen competitive differentiators. You will collaborate closely with the executive leadership team and report both to the Chief Revenue Officer and Chief Executive Officer. This position will be based in Westmont, Illinois.
- Technical Alliances (30%)
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to build long-term partnerships with providers of best-in-class technologies in the industry
- Identify new potential partners and define related strategies
- Drive product integration, co-marketing initiatives, and new value creation initiatives aligned with company’s strategic growth plan
- Identify and monitor key performance indicators to ensure successful outcomes
- Work with legal department to manage related contracts
- Inorganic Growth (30%)
- Co-develop a M&A deal pipeline with executive leadership
- Initiate prospect outreach and build trusted relationships
- Develop and present business case, including but not limited to strategic alignment, synergies, financial modeling, valuation, competitive positioning, and integration planning
- Execute and support all proposal development and capture management tasks
- Support the creation of marketing program and short- and long-term business projections
- Conduct market research and create profiles of your clients and rivals
- Define and lead post-integration efforts covering R&D and go to market
- New Markets (30%)
- Incubate growth in aerospace and defense industry
- Develop and execute plans to win named beachhead accounts
- Execute against revenue plans
- Competitive Intelligence (10%)
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive competitive intelligence assessment encompassing key competitors and new entrants
- Build and deliver battle cards for sales teams
Education, Experience and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or relate field. MBA preferred
- 7+ years of experience in partnership management, business development, M&A in software related industry
- Proven track record of developing and executing growth strategies for alliances and, mergers and acquisitions
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, with ability to create and interpret complex financial analysis
- Strategic and data-driven decision making
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to manage multiple initiatives and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of leading complex negotiations and critical thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels of an organization and particularly with C-level leaders.
- Proven sales skills in developing new markets
Other Requirements and Notes:
- All U.S. based GT employees are required to be fully vaccinated, subject to legally required accommodations.
- ALL candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer; no third parties please.
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.