Business Development Senior Engineer – India
Gamma CAE Technologies Pvt Ltd, is a wholly-owned Indian subsidiary of Gamma Technologies, LLC located in Pune. The Indian subsidiary carries out the support, marketing, and sales operations for the Indian region. The parent company was established in 1994, and is headquartered in Westmont, Illinois (a suburb of Chicago).
Gamma Technologies develops, markets, and sells engineering simulation software called GT-SUITE. With roots in Automotive, nearly all the world’s leading automotive manufacturers leverage GT software. Our solutions help automotive companies build more fuel-efficient vehicles that get better gas mileage while reducing emissions without sacrificing vehicle performance. The move from traditional internal combustion engines (ICE) powered by gasoline or diesel fuel to electrified vehicles presents an enormous market opportunity for GT as our software allows Electrical Vehicle manufacturers and their suppliers, to design better vehicles with our software. Regulatory agencies globally have mandated that vehicle manufacturers reduce harmful environmental emission output, or they will face significant financial penalties and GT helps our clients meet these mandates. In addition to Automotive, GT serves the Aerospace, HVAC, and Marine industries by working with companies.
This position is based at our Pune office and will directly report to the Head of India Operations.
The Business Development Engineer will work with our existing clients to help them realize the value in our solutions and drive the expansion of their use of GT software as their primary responsibility. In addition, the SE will also drive new sales by targeting prospective GT customers.
This position requires an individual with strong verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated track record of driving growth by selling a complex business-to-business software solution.
- Identify potential business opportunities at prospective new accounts.
- Maintain strong relationships and identify new business opportunities within existing accounts.
- Attend industry tradeshows and GT customer events.
- Drive outbound sales efforts through prospecting into new departments/divisions/locations of existing customers as well as new customers, via email, phone, social media, and networking to identify and create new business opportunities.
- Travel 30-50% mostly within India.
- MS degree in engineering with a desired GPA of 8 out of 10.
- Experience with GT-SUITE, or other system simulation CAE tools.
- 4-10 years’ experience in Business to Business Sales, preferably selling a complex software solution to a Technical Buyer
- Experience as a “Sales Engineer” is desirable, someone who has worked in a supporting role for a sales team, can conduct product demonstrations or lead technical discussions.
- Successful experience as a quota carrying sales representative selling simulation software (CAE) into manufacturing companies.
- Outgoing personality with a desire to build long term relationships with customers.
- Experience with SalesForce CRM, Microsoft Office.
- Track record of achievement and consistent attainment/over the attainment of their sales quota.
- Desire to grow professionally and take on additional responsibility/roles as it is earned.
- Self-Motivated individual who acts with urgency.