Application Engineer: Electric Motors
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is seeking a creative and self-starting Electric Motors Application Engineer to solve complex challenges involving electric powertrains and energy storage devices. This position will be based in our Pune, India office.
As a part of our Support and Applications Group, the successful candidate will be tasked with ensuring our customers get the most out of our software and leveraging customer insights to continuously enhance our product offerings.
- Assist customers in their use of our software to design and simulate electric motors, including electromagnetic design, motor controls, thermal security, and noise vibration and harshness (NVH) analysis
- Use customer feedback and interactions to design and test new product features relating to electric motors
- Carry out proof-of-concept projects to demonstrate cutting-edge software solutions to prospective customers in the areas of electric motors and electric drive units
- Interact with established and emerging automotive companies through training classes, conferences, and marketing events
- Evangelize the critical role Gamma Technologies plays in helping automotive companies on the Road to Zero Carbon
- Periodically travel to customer sites and industry trade shows, both domestically and internationally
Education, Experience, and Skills
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or related fields
- Desired GPA 8.5/10
- 4+ years of professional and/or graduate-level experience with electric motor design, analysis, and/or control
- Experience with tools related to motors design and modeling, including but not limited to: FEMAG, JMAG, ANSYS Maxwell, Motor-CAD, Altair Flux, etc.
- Knowledge of basic motor types, and motor control techniques
- A dynamic and highly talented team of experts.
- The opportunity to bring in your own ideas, implement them and make them accessible to a large customer base.
- The opportunity to build a professional network in various branches of industry.
- The primary work location will be our Pune, India office. We’ve adopted a hybrid work policy asking employees to report to the office 3 days per work week.
- An attractive salary and additional company benefits.
Other Requirements and Notes:
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry-level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.