Solver Development – Electric Motors and Drives
Gamma Technologies, LLC (GT) is looking for a Solver Development – Electric Motors and Drives with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us. The engineer will work in a development team within an international environment.
We are looking for a creative, talented, and highly motivated software developer to join our electrical solver development team. The applicant will be involved in the development of GT-SUITE, an industry-leading software package for simulating various engineering multi-physics systems found in the automotive, aerospace and many other industries, involving electromagnetics, fluid, thermal, mechanical, acoustics, chemistry, and control domains.
- Research, develop and implement advanced mathematical models and computational algorithms for electric motors, drives and their control systems.
- Work with the development and application teams towards general improvement of the software.
- Maintain existing solver, which includes bug fixes and code refactoring.
- Write and maintain internal technical documents.
- Master or PhD in Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- Desired GPA 3.6/4.0.
- 2+ years of professional and/or graduate-level experience with electric motors design and/or control, motor drives design and/or modeling.
- Experience with modeling or analysis tools of electrical motors and drives (i.e., Matlab/Simulink).
- Programming experience with a focus on scientific computing (Fortran, C, C++, Python or Matlab).
- Knowledge of common motor types, and control techniques.
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Experience with tools related to electrical motors and drives, including but not limited to: JMAG, ANSYS Maxwell, PSIM, PLECS, LTSpice, etc.
- Experience in developing tools or models of electrical motors, drives, and motor control systems (commercial or in-house code).
- Experience in motor and drive systems of electric or hybrid electric vehicle (EV or HEV).
- Optimization algorithms.
- Numerical methods for solving dynamic systems governed by ODE or DAE.
Salary and Benefits
- GT offers competitive pay, vacation, sick and personal days, and a work environment that allows you to grow and prosper.
- We offer best in class health benefits for you and your dependents.
- We offer a 401k and Roth 401k retirement plans.
- We provide a hybrid work schedule, with employees reporting to the office three days per week. Our Westmont, IL will be the primary work location.
Other Requirements and Notes
- All U.S. based GT employees are required to be fully vaccinated, subject to legally required accommodations.
- ALL candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer; no third parties please.
- Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our company. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background, which connects the entire Gamma Technologies community. As such, Gamma Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
About Gamma Technologies, LLC
GT, a leading multi-physics CAE simulation software provider, develops a suite of integrated solutions that guides and accelerates the engineering transformation of today’s products in the transportation, power generation, and industrial equipment industries.
GT’s flagship product, GT-SUITE, an engineering simulation software is used by over 600 companies including all global automotive manufacturing companies GT-SUITE includes a complete library of physics-based modeling templates covering fluid flow, thermal systems, mechanics, electrics, magnetics, chemistry and controls. It supports the entire product development cycle from concept to validation. GT-SUITE applications include a wide variety of engineering systems such as conventional, electrified and fully electric vehicles and their powertrains, engines and catalysts, batteries, motors and power electronics, pumps and compressors, thermal management and HVAC, hydraulics and lubrication, multi-body mechanics and much more.
GT-SUITE software comes with exciting and easy to learn User Interfaces, ranging from 3D pre-processing to real-time monitoring. The entire software platform uses state-of-the-art backend technologies that leverage the growing popularity of high-performance centers and the cloud.
At GT, we are committed to using technology to make a global impact by helping the industry deliver products for a cleaner, sustainable environment! We pride ourselves on our company culture which encourages collaboration between all levels at the company, from entry level to upper management. Within a team, daily interactions and outside social events allow us to form bonds that result in higher productivity and job satisfaction.