|Event Date(s)||Wednesday, October 2, 2019|
|Start - Stop Time||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT|
|Location||Gamma Technologies Worldwide Headquarters
601 Oakmont Lane, Suite 220
Telephone: (630) 325-5848
|Register By||September 25, 2019 - 12:00 AM CDT|
|The registration deadline has passed.
Contact Greg Fialek with any questions.
This class is intended for users with previous experience or users who participate in this free-of-charge Introduction Training.
This course is designed for new users of GT-SUITE for Timing and Accessory Drive Applications. Â It will focus on the simulation of stand-alone chain, belt and gear drive systems with imposed speed and load boundary conditions. Â Depending on the interest of the attendees some or all of the following topics will be covered:
- 2-D Mechanical Simulation and Visualization
- Subassemblies and User Compound
- Speed Boundary Conditions at the Crankshaft
- 2D Force and Torque conventions for loading driven components in the system
- Simulation sweep with Order Tracking
Accessory Drive Modeling
- Layout of the pulleys, idlers and tensioner
- Definition of belt contact stiffness and friction on grooved and smooth surfaces
- Pre-processing calculations for Belt System with steady state loading
Timing Belt Modeling
- Layout of the toothed pulleys, idlers and tensioner
- Definition of pulley and belt tooth shapes
- Contact and friction definitions for tooth and smooth sides of belt
Timing Chain Modeling
- Layout of the sprockets, guides and tensioner
- Definition of sprocket teeth (and link teeth for silent chains)
- Definition of the hydraulic tensioner
Gear Drive Modeling
- Layout of geartrain based on relative positioning of pinions
- Gear Tooth definition options
- Calculations of lash and mesh stiffness
- Contact stress and loss calculations
If time permits, more specialized topics may be covered as requested by participants. Â Some possible topics are: Cam Phasers, Belt Starter Generator Systems, Integrated Simulations (with cranktrain and other subsystems) or User-supplied suggestions.