|Event Date(s)||Thursday, June 6, 2019|
|Start - Stop Time||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT|
|Location||Gamma Technologies Worldwide Headquarters
601 Oakmont Lane, Suite 220
Telephone: (630) 325-5848
|Register By||May 30, 2019 - 12:00 AM CDT|
|The registration deadline has passed.
Contact Neehar Kulkarni with any questions.
This class is intended for users with previous experience or users who participate in this free-of-charge Introduction Training.
The following topics will be covered during this 1-day course:
Surface Friction Measurement and Oil Properties:
- Definition of oil viscosity as a function of temperature, shear rate and fitting to experimental measurements
- Surface roughness and friction definition – Generation of roughness and friction coefficient input based on profilometer measurements or surface finish information
- Cylinder liner geometric definition (with distortion) and temperature definition
- Ring(s) surface profile definition, tension and gap
- Skirt geometric definition (with distortion) for major and minor thrust pads
Journal Bearings and Seals:
- Levels of fidelity of bearing modeling
- Definition of journal and bearing geometry, feed holes and grooves and boundary conditions
- Modeling of crankshaft seals
Valvetrain and Timing Drive Friction Prediction:
- Cam Follower Tribology
- Hertzian and non-Hertzian contact stress analysis
- Timing Chain and Belt Friction models
If time permits, extra and more specialized topics may be covered. The topics will be selected by the participants. Some possible topics are: Integrated Simulations, Blow-by, DOE and Optimization setup etc.