|Event Date(s)||September 15 - 16, 2021|
|Start - Stop Time||11:00 AM - 4:00 PM CDT|
WebEx (Online - North America)
|Register By||September 12, 2021 - 11:00 PM CDT|
|Open Seats||11 remaining seat(s)|
|Pay Online Via Credit Card Discount||Save $99|
This class is intended for users with previous experience or users who participate in this free-of-charge Introduction Training.
This course will be conducted online via web meeting.
To reserve your spot, you must have access to the following:
- Computer with GT-SUITE v2021 (the training will be conducted with v2021, but if you only have v2020 that is acceptable)
- Access to an active license
- Good internet connection
- Ideally two monitors/devices (although not required)
- one to follow the instructor on the web meeting (web browser only)
- one to use GT-SUITE for interactive model building
This 2-day class is designed for new users of GT-SUITE Valvetrain Application. It will focus on the simulation of engine valvetrains through the use of VTDESIGN and GT-SUITE. There will also be an introduction to the new ValvetrainDesign interface in GT-SUITE. The following topics will be covered:
Cam Design (VTDesign)
- Develop a profile design starting from an existing reference profile
Spring Layout (VTDesign)
Valvetrain mechanism kinematics, quasi-dynamic analysis (ValvetrainDesign)
- Generate valve lift from cam shape or vice-versa
- Calculate idealized separation speed (or Spring Margin)
Dynamic modeling of valvetrains
- Modeling Contacts for Hertz Pressure and Oil Film Calculations
- Multi-mass Spring Modeling
- Adding Compliance to Valvetrain Components
If time permits, more specialized topics may be covered as requested by participants. Some possible topics are: Hydraulic lash adjusters, Cam Phasers, Variable Valve actuation, Transient simulations, CamDesign Optimization or user-supplied suggestions.
*If you intend to participate in both Trainings (Basic and Advanced Valvetrain Modeling), please contact the instructor before registration. The regular fee will be $1300 and the university fee $700.
Due to the limited number of seats, priority will be given to commercial customers.
LOG IN TO REGISTER