|Event Date(s)||June 15 - 16, 2021|
|Start - Stop Time||11:00 AM - 4:00 PM CDT|
WebEx (Online - North America)
|Register By||June 5, 2021 - 11:00 PM CDT|
|Open Seats||12 remaining seat(s)|
|Pay Online Via Credit Card Discount||Save $100|
This class is intended for users with previous experience or users who participate in this free-of-charge Introduction Training.
This course will be conducted online via web meeting.
To reserve your spot, you must have access to the following:
- Computer with GT-SUITE v2021 (the training will be conducted with v2021, but if you only have v2020 that is acceptable)
- Access to an active license
- Good internet connection
- Ideally two monitors/devices (although not required)
- one to follow the instructor on the web meeting (web browser only)
- one to use GT-SUITE for interactive model building
The following topics will be covered during this 2-day class:
Class will focus on the sub-systems that play a major part in terms of overall mechanical power losses of an engine. The participants will learn how to set these systems up, how to investigate different designs/parameters and how to put everything in context. The topics that will be covered in detail are:
Basic Concepts of Friction Modeling in GT-SUITE:
- Components and Reference Objects like Surfaces/Coatings, Oil Properties etc.
- Journal Bearing Modeling in detailed level (from map-based solution to EHD Bearings)
- Seals and other Losses (TVD)
- Piston Rings Design
- Compliant Piston Skirt to Liner Model incl. Extraction of Stiffness Matrices
Evaluation of Results
- Calibration of results vs. measured data
- Results in context of vehicle driving cycle
- Introduction into concepts on how to optimize different quantities such as fuel consumption
If time permits, extra and more specialized topics may be covered. The topics will be selected by the participants. Some possible topics are: Blowby and Oil Evaporation, user-supplied.
Due to the limited room capacity, seats will be allocated preferentially to commercial customers.
LOG IN TO REGISTER