|Event Date(s)||February 8 - 9, 2023|
|Start - Stop Time||11:00 AM - 4:00 PM CST|
|Register By||February 3, 2023 - 11:00 PM CST|
|The registration deadline has passed.
Contact Sibi Kandasamy with any questions.
This class is intended for users with previous experience or users who participate in this free-of-charge Introduction Training.
This course will be conducted online via web meeting.
To reserve your spot, you must have access to the following:
- Computer with GT-SUITE v2022 (the training will be conducted with v2022, but if you only have v2021 that is acceptable)
- Access to an active license
- Good internet connection
- Ideally two monitors/devices (although not required)
- one to follow the instructor on the web meeting (web browser only)
- one to use GT-SUITE for interactive model building
This 2-day class is designed for those interested in Cranktrain modeling and analysis in GT-SUITE. It will focus on the simulation of engine cranktrain dynamics through the use of GT-SUITE. The following topics will be covered:
Rigid Crankshaft Analysis
- Crankshaft Balancing
- Cylinder Pressure Boundary Conditions Applied
Crankshaft Torsional Analysis
- Time Domain Solution with Steady State Convergence
- Frequency Domain Solutions (Free and Forced)
Crankshaft Quasi-Static and Dynamic Bending Solution
- Fillet Stress Calculations Based on Dynamic Loading
- Coupled Journal Bearing Solution
If time permits, extra and more specialized topics may be covered. The topics will be selected by the participants. Some possible topics are: Block Vibration, Accessory Belt Drive Modeling, Integrated Simulations (e.g. cranktrain + valvetrain, cranktrain + drivetrain), Transient simulations, user-supplied.
*If you intend to participate in both Trainings (Basic and Friction Modeling), please contact the instructor before registration. The regular fee will be $1300 and the university fee $700.
Due to the limited room capacity, seats will be allocated preferentially to commercial customers.