|Event Date(s)||November 5 - 7, 2019|
|Start - Stop Time||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT|
|Location||New Horizons - Livonia
Telephone: (734) 525-1501
Office Hours: 8:00 to 6:00
14115 Farmington Rd.
|Register By||October 29, 2019 - 12:00 AM CDT|
|Open Seats||18 remaining seat(s)|
|Pay Online Via Credit Card Discount||Save $100|
You can also register for this event and the associated North American GT Conference at Conference page.
This 3-day course is designed for new users of GT-POWER and GT-SUITE that are interested in modeling internal combustion engines. This course will focus on engine simulation through the use of GT-POWER. Each student will be provided with a computer. The course will include the construction of models and use of the software, which will enable the participants to use the software immediately. It will cover the following topics:
Introductory Concepts of GT-SUITE
- 1-D Flow Simulation
- Discretization of 1-D Models
- Model Setup- initialization, parameters sweeps, convergence Optimization/Design of Experiments
- Post-processing (GT-POST)
- Subassemblies: internal, external, encryption of subassemblies
The following engine modeling topics will be included:
- Modeling of: manifolds, valves, combustion, heat transfer and fuel injection
- Non-Predictive Combustion for Gasoline and Diesel Engines
- Cylinder Pressure Analysis
- Controls Library
- Transient Simulation
- Predictive Combustion Modeling
If time permits at the end of the class, additional topics can be covered including introductions to: Coupling with Simulink, CFD Coupling, and Exhaust Aftertreatment.
Due to the limited room capacity, seats will be allocated preferentially to commercial customers.
Note: class time listed is local time zone
LOG IN TO REGISTER